Having an above ground pool at your home in Myrtle Beach can be fun and exciting. However, when it is time to maintain and clean your swimming pool, you need to make sure that you follow a few basic yet important tips. By following the appropriate procedures when maintaining your pool, the task will be less difficult and much safer and enjoyable for you and your family.
Guidelines For Your Above Ground Pool Maintenance:
- Assess the level of chlorine. We could say that the disinfection of an above ground pool Myrtle Beach means sterilizing the pool, So keep in mind that if you use improper methods of disinfecting your swimming pool, it could lead to problems like becoming a breeding ground for bacteria and algae. Both of these could be removed by using chlorine, which is available in tablet, granular, and liquid form. Regardless of what form you choose, they all work the same way. Another option when it comes to disinfecting a pool is bromine. Be sure to keep the level of “free” chlorine between 1.0 to 3.0 ppm. You also need to chlorinate or add 3 to 4 times the amount of chlorine every day since chlorine level does not stay constant. It is also recommended to do this at night when the above ground pool is not used.
- Check if pH is above 8.0. At 8.5 chlorine is just 10% active ingredient. For 7.0 it’s around 73% active ingredient. If you keep the pH at around 7.5, chlorine is approximately 50% to 60% active. Be sure to check the pH so that you can take full advantage of the chlorine that is already in the swimming pool.
- Brush and vacuum walls and floor. This should be done at least once a week to prevent the development of areas in the above ground pool that has little or no circulation, which could lead to algae growth.
- Check temperature level. For above ground pools that were built inside a building, it may need a different temperature compared to pools located outside. It would be based on the humidity inside the building. If the humidity is high, the pool’s temperature should be lower. The range of the temperature should be between 75-85 °C. Always remember that setting it at an incorrect temperature could be detrimental to the health.
- For a safe above ground pool water, you need to consider the chemistry. A few of the chemicals utilized in above ground pools are as follows: Disinfectants for wiping out dangerous organisms, pH and alkalinity adjusters to keep a consistent acid-base as well as acid buffering capacity ratio, stabilizer for chlorine stops unnecessary chlorine loss, eliminate the algaecide and stop algae growth, and filter support aids in the removal of foreign materials in above ground pools.
At this point, you now know how to maintain an above ground pool. If wish your swimming pool to be kept safe and clean by professionals, call Elko Spas Billiards and Pools now.
Elko Spas Billiards & Pools
4718 Northgate Blvd
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588