National Pool Opening Day is just around the corner. The annual event that takes place on the last Saturday in April, which falls on April 27 this year, is the time when swimming pool covers come off all across the U.S.
However, not everyone will open their swimming pools on this day. Several pools remains buttoned up for a few more weeks, however, this weekend is the ideal time to get things started by buying your start up pool supplies, chemicals, or equipment for the hot summer season.
Listed below are some important tips that can help you open or even prepare your swimming pool for the National Pool Opening Day this coming April 27.
Take A Swimming Pool Chemical Inventory
You might not require all of these or might need a few other pool chemicals that are not listed below – swimming pools are not the same in terms of their individual specifications when it comes to pool cleaning. Go through your stock of pool opening chemicals as well as season chemicals required. Take an inventory of these items:
- Chlorine shock and chlorine tablets
- PH decreaser and increaser
- Alkalinity as well as calcium booster
- Stabilizer or Cyanuric Acid
- Dica Perl or DE Powder
- Clarifiers, Algaecides, Enzymes
- Test strips or test kit reagents
- Stain removers or metal control
Check Your Swimming Pool Equipment
What will your pool look like once you open the cover after the long winter season? During the National Pool Opening Day, inspect your pool closely and take the time to check the equipment, deck, supplies, as well as tools to make sure that you have everything that is needed to successfully open the pool. In case you run into some trouble, you can also get in touch with Elko Spas Billiards Pools for professional help.
- Check swimming pool covers for holes or signs of winter damage
- Install a pressure gauge or filter system drain plug
- Check pool lights
- Test the pump motor
- Lubricate pump lid as well as filter o-rings with Teflon lubricant
- Check the vac, nets, pole, brush and other pool cleaning tools
- Check for signs of damage on the chlorinator, heater, pump, and filter
- Check the pool cleaner for torn or worn out parts
- Check the weirs, lids, skimmer baskets
Conduct A Swimming Pool Safety Audit
Many homeowners become complacent when it comes to pool safety. You have to stay vigilant if you wish to prevent tragedy. Spring pool opening is the ideal time to assess the Layers of Protection around the swimming pool and find ways to protect family and friends.
- Check the fence slats for any gap that is more than four inches or gaps below the fence
- Remove things near the fence that could be used to climb over the fence.
- Make sure the pool fence gates are self latching and self closing
- Keep all pool chemicals closed, dry, clean, and beyond the reach of kids
- Check the pool pump wiring as well as other equipment pad electrical
- Push the GFCI outlet’s test button and circuit breakers
- Check the suction covers and main drain
- Schedule a pool safety meeting for everyone
Hopefully, you will have an eventful pool opening in April 27, with blue water and nothing creaking, leaking, or squeaking. Among the best benefits of this event is that you will get more time to fix things in your swimming pool Myrtle Beach to prevent future problems and accidents.
Call Elko Spas Billiards & Pools for professional pool installation, repair, and maintenance.
Elko Spas Billiards & Pools
4718 Northgate Blvd
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588