Perhaps you have always wanted a pool in your backyard, but don’t want to spend the big bucks for an in-ground pool. Did you know that there are some wonderful, fun options nowadays for above-ground pools? Gone are the days where your yard has to look tacky with a flimsy round pool that looks like it will fall over at any moment! Now, there are some fantastic options in design, materials, and colors, making above ground pools an option you need to seriously consider. Not only will a pool improve the value of your home, but summer is coming soon, and you will have lots of time with your family to enjoy splashing in the cool water on hot summer days!
A Great Name In Above Ground Pools
One of our favorite brands of above ground swimming pools is Doughboy Pools. They have been around longer than most anyone else, with the company having started in 1954. Competition has grown fierce over the years, and Doughboy Pools has stayed consistent and full of quality. One of the great features of this company is that they make all of the materials and pieces needed for pool construction right in their own manufacturing plant in Arkansas. This means that they can oversee the construction and personally approve each piece that will be used to construct your above ground pool.
When it comes to designing a space for your pool, you can use landscaping to make it even more beautiful. You will most likely have a deck leading to the pool, so be sure to consider safety and put gates up that will keep children out. You should also have a fence around the pool to prevent any accidents from other neighborhood children wandering in and getting hurt.
Remember that it’s important to select a good pool company who will help you decide things like where the pool should go in your yard, and then oversee the entire installation process. They should also offer good warranties.
If you need the right company to install your aboveground pool in the Myrtle Beach area, then give Elko Spas, Billiards & Pools a call today! We have just what you need and will see it through to completion. Just imagine your family having fun this summer….
Your Above Ground Pools Specialists
If you’ve had a swimming pool for any length of time, you may find yourself wanting to do a re-design. Perhaps to match a home renovation or new landscaping, but whatever the reason, there are some fantastic ways to breathe new life to your swimming pool. Keep reading to get some great ideas!
Ideas For Re-Designing Your Pool
- Changing the shape or size of the pool. You are not stuck with the current design. You can make it deeper, wider or even bigger. Perhaps you have a shallow pool three feet deep all over and would like a deep end that you can safely dive into. Or maybe you’d like to make the pool fit into a new landscape design or home addition.
- Changing The Overall Design. Changing the color of the plaster or concrete is a great way to get a new look. You could also get a Spectrum quartz finish to get some texture or more of a sparkle look. It can be done to match your existing tiles or you might like to get a mosaic look with new tiles.
- Adding Features. Why not add some features you’ve never had in the pool before? If you want to spend a little money, you can do things like adding raised decks for lounge chairs or picnic tables, umbrellas, etc. Or, you could add water elements like a water wall or fountain, slides or diving boards. Don’t forget too that simple garden elements can really enhance the overall appearance. Multi-colored lights underwater can be a fun addition as well.
If you are planning on re-designing your existing pool, be sure to speak to a professional pool builder and let them walk you through all that would be involved in the process. They can look at your pool, go over your wish list and come up with an estimate. It could take awhile to complete, so now in the early spring months is a great time to get started so you will be able to enjoy your newly designed pool for the summer months!
For more ideas for your swimming pool or hot tub, contact Elko Spas, Billiards and Pools today and let us steer you in the right direction to get your dream pool!
If you’re like me, there isn’t much that feels better than sliding down into the warm water of a hot tub and soaking away the cares of the day. Not only is it relaxing, but it’s therapeutic as well. It soothes sore muscles, improves blood circulation, and rejuvenates the mind and body. And you thought it was just a luxury item! So that brings us to a very common question we receive here at Elko Spas, Pools and Billiards. How hot should I keep my hot tub water? Read on for some good tips…
How To Assure The Correct Temperature Of Your Hot Tub
Most people recommend that water temperature in hot tubs should be kept around 104 F. There are a few things you should think about when setting the temperature. Let’s look at some important considerations when using a hot tub.
- You should consult with your doctor before using your hot tub if you are pregnant.
- Be cautious if you are taking certain medications. Some medicine can make you drowsy, or affect your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Never get in the hot tub if you are taking anticoagulant medications, antihistamines, or tranquilizers! Get the approval of your doctor first if this applies to you.
- Remember that kids’ internal temperatures can rise quicker than that of an adult, so this would mean the health risks to them would be more pronounced.
- Make sure that children are ALWAYS supervised and never left unattended while in the hot tub. It looks very enticing to young children when they see the bubbles and feel the warm water. The risk of drowning is very real and kids die every year from hot tub-related drownings.
- Don’t stay in the hot tub-water for more than 20 minutes at a time. Your body’s temperature increases rapidly and can make you feel faint when you go to stand up. When you do get out, stand up slowly and be careful.
Owning a hot tubs is one of the finer things in life, but it needs to be treated with respect, and with some guidelines, especially if you have children. Don’t forget to protect your pets too!
If you need more information about choosing a hot tubs, or keeping it safe and healthy for everyone, then give us a call here at Elko Spas, Pools & Billiards today! We’ll help you have a safe and happy experience that you can enjoy for years to come with your family and friends.
Elko Spas Billiards & Pools
4718 Hwy 17 Bypass South
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Right Water Temperature For Hot Tubs and Pools
It’s one of the most frequent questions we get: How hot should I keep my hot tub and/or pool? Several deciding factors go into that answer, but we’ll cover some of the things to consider here in this article…
This is a good question. The temperature should be set depending on which region in the country you live, as well as who uses it and what they are using it for. For competitive purposes, the pool water would need to be around 78 degrees, which is a relatively lower temperature. Public swimming pools on the other hand, are usually a little warmer, with temps anywhere from 78 F – 82 F. The water would be warmer still for therapy uses, classes for children or elderly people. For these purposes, the water would be more like 83-86 F. Many people say that the prefect water temperature for swimming laps would be around 75 degrees. Still others maintain it should be closer to 70 degrees.
So that brings us back to the original question of how warm the pool water should be. The truth of the matter is that if you are fortunate enough to own a pool, then the water temperature really comes down to your personal preference. Obviously, if you don’t heat your pool, then the weather will be what determines how warm the water is. If you live in a warm climate, then by the first part of July, the water may feel more like bath water.
The main thing is to ask yourself what the pool is being used for. If your family is super active and swimming laps, etc., they will sweat more and need cooler water to get their core temperatures back to normal. Families who aren’t active and just want to lie around relaxing all the time will prefer the water to be warmer to make up for their lack of exercise.
So How Does Temperature Variation Affect My Pool?
As the water gets warmer, a few things will generally happen:
- The usage of chemicals needed will increase
- Water evaporation will begin to happen more and more.
- Ph balance in the water will have to be checked more frequently.
If you have a pool and you need more information on this or many other topics, please don’t hesitate to call us at Elko Billiards, Pools and Spas.
We have answers to all your questions and everyone in our store has had years of extensive training to be able to advise you well when you come in our shop.
Elko Spas Billiards & Pools
4718 Hwy 17 Bypass South
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588